A big-picture look at professional fundraising, including the important role philanthropy plays in organizations and key motivations behind why people give. Also included: the primary sources of contributions; what an integrated development program looks like and which essential components aid success; the fundraising profession as a career, focusing on key qualities for success and a basic path for personal and professional development in the field; an introduction to professional standards and ethics.
Objectives: After this module, you'll be better able to:
• Explain the culture of philanthropy and the role philanthropy plays in organizations.
• Name 8-10 key reasons people give.
• Describe the primary sources of contributions.
• Describe the essential components of an integrated development program and the primary purpose of each one.
• State key qualities that every fundraiser should possess and describe a basic path for personal professional development.
• Describe the key principles of the Donor Bill of Rights and the AFP Code of Ethics.
December 01, 2016
You must be logged in to access AFP Bundles.
To continue, you need to log into the learning portal. If you have any questions about your account please contact us at 1-866-702-3278.
Full Price: $129.00