Relationships are the key to fundraising success, and successful relationships start with knowing current and prospective donors well. This module will introduce the powerful role of prospect and donor research, including identifying and segmenting prospects and donors according to appropriate variables as well as effective donor records management to support ongoing relationships. Finally, cultivation, establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals and organizations, and optimizing relationships to retain donors rounds out the module.
Objectives: After this module, you'll be better able to:
• Explain the role of research in identifying individuals and groups with the capacity and potential to give in order to qualify them for further research and cultivation efforts.
• Describe examples of effective cultivation strategies and identify steps to use to maximize gift return on an ongoing basis.
• Identify the basic elements of good relationships with volunteers, donors, and qualified prospects.
• Cite examples of effective relationship-building strategies.
• Define "stewardship" and describe its role in building lasting relationships.
• Discuss application of appropriate acknowledgement, acceptance, and recognition policies and practices.
December 01, 2016
You must be logged in to access AFP Bundles.
To continue, you need to log into the learning portal. If you have any questions about your account please contact us at 1-866-702-3278.
Full Price: $129.00