Once the development plan is in place and appropriate policies and procedures are set up, it's time to actively solicit gifts from donors and prospects. In this module, a closer look will be taken at solicitation strategies for campaign types, focusing most closely on solicitation techniques for annual giving. Additionally, there will be an overview of techniques for soliciting major and planned gifts. Special emphasis will be placed on implementing critical acknowledgement, acceptance, and recognition practices.
Objectives: After this module, you'll be better able to:
• Describe solicitation techniques used in annual giving programs.
• Identify, recruit, and prepare the appropriate mix of volunteers, staff, and professionals to carry out solicitations
• Name the additional training needs for volunteers involved in solicitation.
• Discuss the six steps to a "model" major-gift solicitation.
• List strategies for obtaining support from corporations/businesses, foundations, and government entities.
• Describe the process for developing and presenting a written grant proposal.
• Discuss application of appropriate acknowledgement, acceptance, and recognition policies and practices.
December 01, 2016
You must be logged in to access AFP Bundles.
To continue, you need to log into the learning portal. If you have any questions about your account please contact us at 1-866-702-3278.
Full Price: $129.00