Fundraising is about more than soliciting donors and prospects, and the development office is responsible for managing the development plan. This module will present an overview of the management aspects of fundraising including budgeting, records management, gift processing, program evaluation, and the key roles and responsibilities of staff and volunteer leadership. The module ends with a look at accountability, basic legal requirements, and fundraising ethics in practice.
Objectives: After this module, you'll be better able to:
• Participate appropriately in the organization's budget and planning process.
• Describe key considerations in receiving, accepting, recording, acknowledging, tracking, and reporting gifts and pledges.
• List the primary roles and responsibilities of the board, CEO and development officer.
• Discuss methods for evaluating development program performance.
• Identify basic accounting and tax requirements that apply to gifts and pledges.
• Discuss the relevant legal, regulatory, and ethical requirements for information maintained in a donor database, and state potential sources for this information.
December 01, 2016
You must be logged in to access AFP Bundles.
To continue, you need to log in to Peach New Media. If you have any questions about your account please contact us at 1-866-702-3278.
Fundamentals Module 7
Full Price: $129.00